We hope you enjoy the Viking Tour! Ride, talk and eat! Remember this is a ride, not a race. Always remember to drink plenty of fluids during the day.
Know your abilities and limitations. It’s ok to challenge yourself, just be realistic. Don’t ride the Odin if your longest training ride is 15 miles. After the ride is a post-ride party with great food, a beer garden and vendor village. Make sure to stay and enjoy it!
The Viking Tour will start and finish at Centennial Park in Poulsbo, 19250 7th Ave NE, Poulsbo, WA 98370.
Parking will be available at the main location.
We did our best to keep all routes on rural, low traffic roads. With that said, there are a few spots with more traffic or busy traffic crossings. For these we will have support personnel manning the crossing and directing traffic. Please be courteous to these volunteers and all motorists and make sure to obey all traffic laws.
- Course maps and cue sheets will be at registration.
- All routes are marked by arrows, and color varies with each route. Make a note of your route’s arrow color. Turns are marked on the road with 2 arrows before and 1 arrow after each directional change.
- Please be attentive and follow the arrows! Don’t automatically follow the cyclist in front of you... they might be out for a completely different ride!
There will be snacks, beverages, and restroom facilities at all rest stops along the route. Rest stops will be spaced between 10 and 20 miles apart.
Viking Tour jerseys will be for sale online and on race day at the registration booth. Jerseys will be $65 and have the following features:
- HEXA COOL 140 gsm fabric for excellent moisture-wicking, breathability and reliable protection from UV rays
- Full length YKK invisible zipper for uncut display of artwork
- Silicone gripper at hem to maintain fit
- Three rear pockets, with reflective tag to enhance visibility
Things to Bring
- Helmet (Mandatory)
- Bicycle (Duh)
- Extra Tubes
- Patch Kit
- Filled Water Bottles
- Identification & Emergency Contact
- Bike Shoes
- Cycling Gloves
- Anti-chafing Cream
- Medical ID Bracelet
- Cell Phone
All riders can also participate in our free Poker Run! Riders collect 5 playing cards from rest stops over the course of the ride to make a poker hand. The best poker hand at the end of the ride wins! Having the best hand and winning is purely a matter of chance so everyone has an equal shot, regardless of cycling level!
Get ready for some perfect (we hope) cycling weather! Here are some averages to help you plan:
Average High on May 21st: 66° • Average Low on May 21st: 47° • Record High on May 21st: 92° • Record Low on May 21st: 37°
Road Etiquette and Safety
- The Viking Tour is a RIDE NOT A RACE.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Stop at all stop signs and obey all traffic laws.
- We highly encourage you to RIDE SINGLE FILE as far right as possible.
- NEVER ride more than 2 abreast even on rural country roads. Please respect this, as our permits depend on your compliance!! We have to insist on this as the course is not closed to traffic!
- Observe good road manners and communicate with riders around you. Leave adequate stopping distance between riders.
- Use hand and verbal signals when turning or slowing down.
- Have your bike in good condition – including brakes, cables, and tires.
- All riders should carry identification, including your emergency contact phone number. If you have a medical alert bracelet please wear it.
- In case of an emergency, dial 911.
- Help keep Kitsap County beautiful, please do not litter.